Teenage girl dies at Bucknell campsite


Click to follow
The Independent Online

A teenage girl has died at a campsite and three other people were taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police described the death of the girl in Bucknell, Shropshire, yesterday as unexplained but not suspicious.

An 11-year-old boy and two adults are believed to be in a serious condition in hospital.

Paramedics were called at 10am and arrived to find resuscitation attempts already taking place. A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "Sadly, despite their best efforts nothing could be done to save the girl."