Teenagers in hospital after taking 'legal high' Clockwork Orange Herbal Incense

 

Click to follow
The Independent Online

Police have issued fresh warnings to teenagers about the dangers of “legal high” drugs after three 15-year-olds were rushed to hospital vomiting blood yesterday.

The two girls and a boy were thought to have taken a synthetic called Clockwork Orange Herbal Incense earlier at a house in Blyth, Northumberland.

They were taken to hospital where they remained under observation today. They were in a stable condition.

Northumbria Police warned that “legal high” drugs often contained “potentially dangerous chemicals”.

Superintendent Alan Veitch said: “The use of ‘legal high’ drugs is not safe and can kill or have a devastating impact on people’s health.

“Anyone who misuses drugs, prescribed or non-prescribed, is putting their life at risk and people should be aware this risk is significantly increased if they are mixed with alcohol.”

Comments