Temperatures of up to 17C set to last all week
Monday 12 March 2012
The unseasonably warm weather is set to continue this week with forecasters predicting temperatures of up to 17C.
Many parts of the UK were basking in warm spring sunshine today, with Exeter recording the highest temperature by 3pm with 15.1C (59.2F), well above the 10C (50F) average for this time of year.
The forecast will do little to ease fears over the drought in the South East and East Anglia, with no significant rainfall expected.
Aisling Creevy, a forecaster with MeteoGroup, the weather division of the Press Association, said: "Temperatures are above average in most places."
North Yorkshire and Teesside both reached 14C (57.2F), while Aberdeenshire enjoyed unusually warm conditions with 13.2C (55.8F).
The mercury hit 14.2C (57.6F) at Kew Gardens in London.
Ms Creevy said: "It's really quite warm and pleasant in the sunshine. It's very settled.
"It's going to be pleasantly mild over the coming days. We could see some 17C (62.6F) by Thursday in the South East depending on mist and fog.
"The weekend looks set to be a little bit more unsettled, turning a little bit chilly.
"The high pressure looks to be breaking down and moving on eastwards."
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...