Third Majorca hotel fall death as 23-year-old woman plunges from balcony
Sunday 06 May 2012
A British tourist has died after reportedly falling from a hotel
balcony in Majorca - the third Briton to die on the Spanish island in
less than a month.
Charlotte Faris, 23, plunged to her death during the early hours of yesterday morning in the popular party resort of Magaluf.
The holidaymaker from Stevenage, Herts, had checked into the Teix Hotel just hours earlier, according to reports. The Foreign Office confirmed the death.
A FCO spokesman said: "We are aware and can confirm the death of British national Charlotte Faris in Majorca on May 5. We are providing consular assistance to her family."
Benjamin Harper, 28, from Twickenham, south west London, fell to his death at the four-star Sol Antillas hotel in Magaluf on April 20.
It is believed the roofer had gone out on to the balcony for a cigarette before leaning over and falling to his death while on a stag do.
It came three days after the death of Adam Atkinson, 20, who suffered fatal injuries when he reportedly fell from a stairwell at the Hotel Martinique in the same resort.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...