Two-year-old boy fighting for his life after being found face down in Leeds Liverpool canal
Tuesday 16 April 2013
A two-year-old boy is fighting for his life today after he was found face down in a canal.
Police were called at shortly after 5.30pm yesterday to reports that a two-year-old boy had gone missing from a street at Pheasant Ford Green in Burnley, Lancashire.
A spokesman for Lancashire Police said: "An immediate search was launched and the boy was found face down in the Leeds Liverpool canal at Pit Top Park a short time later.
"He was taken from the water by police staff who called the ambulance and carried out CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation).
"The child was taken by air ambulance to the Royal Blackburn Hospital and later transferred to Manchester Children's Hospital where he is currently in a critical condition."
It is understood the boy may have been out with a relative before he wandered off.
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst- (Desktop Su...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst (Machine Lea...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: UNIX Application Support Analyst-...