UK sailors missing off coast of Portugal
The search continues today for two Britons whose sailing boat was capsized by a large wave off the coast of Portugal.
The accident happened at 3.30am yesterday while the men battled rough seas as they headed towards a marina north of Porto.
The missing men are aged 23 and 52, while a 24-year-old crew member was able to swim to safety at Povoa de Varzim.
Search teams have used a helicopter to try to find the men.
A Foreign Office spokesman said: "We are aware of a boating accident off the coast of Portugal involving three British Nationals, two of whom are missing.
"We have offered consular assistance."
The men had been sailing their yacht, Water Waves, from the north-western Spanish port of Vigo when they hit a storm.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...