Woman chokes to death during family meal at Frankie and Benny's restaurant in Teesside

Despite efforts by paramedics and other diners at the restaurant in Stockton, Cleveland, the woman collapsed and died in the bathroom

A 48-year-old woman has died in the toilets of a Frankie and Benny's restaurant in Teesside after reportedly choking on her food.

Despite efforts by paramedics and other diners at the restaurant in Stockton, Cleveland, the woman collapsed and died.

According to reports the unnamed woman was eating with with family members when she died.

Police were called to the scene of the incident at 6.30pm, following the death of the woman, who had already been treated by paramedics.

A Cleveland Police spokeswoman said: "A 48-year-old woman who attended the restaurant with members of her family is believed to have collapsed, suffering from an obstructed airway.

"Efforts to resuscitate the female by other diners and subsequently by the ambulance crew failed.

"Cleveland Police would like to extend condolences to the family of the deceased."

A Frankie & Benny's spokesman said: "Yesterday evening a guest became unwell and passed away in the bathroom of our Stockton restaurant.

"The emergency services arrived promptly but were unable to revive her.

"Our condolences go out to the family."

Comments