Young father named as Algeria terrorist victim
Wednesday 23 January 2013
A 26-year-old BP engineer who had a seven-month-old boy was named as one of the victims of the Algerian gas plant attack.
Sebastian John's widow, Nicola, paid tribute to him as "the most amazing person".
"He was a fantastic husband, father, son and brother. There won't be a moment where we won't think of him," she said. "We are so proud of Sebastian for all he achieved in his life. He was taken away from us too early and in the most tragic circumstances. We will always love him. He will be in our hearts and eternally missed."
He had only been in Algeria for a week after leaving his home in Surrey for a training course at the desert complex.
Mr John, who was a pupil at Norwich School before gaining a first class degree in civil engineering at Loughborough University in 2009, is one of six British nationals and a British resident to have died in the terrorist attack at the In Amenas gas plant. A total of 37 foreign workers were killed.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
techLuke Blackall reports on precision engineered prams and babygros that monitor your child 24-7
The ten coldest places on Earth
Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
David Cameron explains selfie with Obama and Helle Thorning-Schmidt at Mandela Memorial
Krokodil in Mexico? Teenager hospitalised after 'injecting drug into her genitals'
Australia incest case: Filthy and severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
£70000 - £90000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading mark...
£34999 - £44001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top 10 Accounta...
£60000 - £80000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Product Specia...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...