Jim Peet on his ostrich farm near Penrith, Cumbria.
Monday 21 December 1992
Jim Peet on his ostrich farm near Penrith, Cumbria. The birds, which have proved adaptable to the climate, are kept for their red meat and feathers. Mr Peet was recently elected chairman of the newly formed British Domesticated Ostrich Society, which is campaigning for an end to the birds' classification as 'dangerous wild animals'
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 3 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she lied to husband about failed heroin tests
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Blogger captures footage ‘showing BUK missile launcher that shot down jet’ now back in Russia
Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she lied to husband about failed heroin tests
Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
£350 - £400 per day: Orgtel: PMO Analyst - Banking - London - £350 -£400 per d...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Mechanical E...
£200 - £260 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Accountant, Reconciliations, Bristo...