Joyrider case men sentenced
Tuesday 22 September 1992
The teenager was taken on a 35-minute terror ride by Thomas Barrett, 69, ex-mayor of South Kirkby, North Yorkshire, his son Leslie Barrett, 41, his grandson Wayne Barrett, 21, all of South Kirkby, and Shaun Wheatcroft, 26, of South Elmsall. The four, who all admitted abducting the teenager in April, told police they had decided to make their own inquiries after two cars were stolen and later found damaged.
Thomas Barrett was sentenced to nine months' jail suspended for two years. Wheatcroft and Wayne Barrett were given two years' imprisonment and Leslie Barrett, 15 months.
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Pharmaceutical Computer ...
£70 - £90 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Higher Level Teaching Assist...
£50 - £80 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Randstad Education is the UK...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is currently ...