Major accused of 'royal tax break'
Tuesday 26 April 1994
Alan Williams, Labour MP for Swansea West, who spotted the alleged deal in a footnote to the Duchy of Cornwall accounts for the year ending 31 December 1992, said last night: 'This is the royal equivalent to paying your electricity bill in advance before the VAT man arrives.'
Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
World news in pictures
X marks the spot: The find that could rewrite Australian history
Oklahoma tornado: Children trapped in wreckage and at least 91 dead after massive storm rips through suburbs
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 4 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 5 Why Arsène Wenger must spend to put icing on the cake and buy likes of Stevan Jovetic for Arsenal
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£28000 - £34000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£250 - £300 per annum: Progressive Recruitment: Front end Developer - Havant -...
Negotiable: Randstad Education London: An Ofsted graded good school are lookin...
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Looking...