Man beaten to death on 'peace line'
Monday 06 July 1992
Kieran Abram, 35, a Catholic, was bludgeoned with staves spiked with nails. He died shortly after police found him unconscious when they broke up clashes between gangs. The fighting was near an Army base in North Howard Street, which links the Catholic Falls and Protestant Shankill districts. The RUC said that five men would appear in court today charged with murder.
Top Gear presenter is no stranger to foot-in-mouth controversy
Review: Mike Leigh's biopic is a rambling, rich character study
Want to ward off (or welcome) trick-or-treaters? Here's how
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
- 5 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
Halloween 2014: From the Screaming Man of Pluckley to the 'White Lady' of the Tower of London - Britain's 20 most haunted places
Russian politician says Apple CEO Tim Cook should be 'banned' from country after coming out as gay
Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
£60 - £65 per day + plus free travel scheme: Randstad Education Cardiff: Teach...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel you sales role is li...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Hull: The JobWe are currently recruiting for an...
£95 - £105 per day + plus free travel scheme: Randstad Education Cardiff: SEN ...