Man faces two secrets charges
Wednesday 12 August 1992
Michael John Smith, 43, a former manager with GEC Marconi, of Burton Road, Kingston upon Thames, south- west London, will appear before Marylebone magistrates.
A spokesman said it was alleged that on or before Saturday 8 August 1992 Mr Smith had breached sections 1 (1b) and 1 (1c) of the act by obtaining plans and making notes and sketches which were prejudicial to the safety or interests of the state. Earlier yesterday, a woman held since Saturday under the Official Secrets Act was released on police bail.
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: NQTs required now fo...