Member of zoo board is sacked
Thursday 20 January 1994
The new chairman is Dr Michael Brambell, director of Chester Zoo. He replaces Peter Wrangham, treasurer of the Zoological Society of London, which owns the zoo. Mr Wrangham and five other board members attempted to sack Dr Gipps last month, but were over-ruled by the society's ruling council, after which Mr Wrangham resigned as chairman.
At yesterday's meeting of the council, John Edwards, a London solicitor and a leading opponent of Dr Gipps, was ejected from the board. But another opponent, Martin Rowson, a cartoonist for the Independent on Sunday, kept his place on the board.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
N Korea confirms removal of Kim Jong-un’s 'depraved' uncle Jang Song Thaek
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Audit Senior? Incredible P...
Initially paid internship designed to lead to full-time job: Inspiring Interns...
£29999 - £35001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Top 10 firm in L...
£30000 - £45000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: This leading Top 10 practice...