North Sea helicopter crash claimants face injunctions
Monday 11 April 1994
The 63 individuals are due to go to trial in Texas in August, suing for millions of dollars. If they ignore the injunctions they would be in contempt of court and liable to be jailed, the OILC said.
The families and survivors were told of the injunctions in a letter from the oil companies involved, including Exxon Corporation, Shell UK Ltd, Shell Exploration UK Ltd and Esso Exploration and Production UK Limited.
If the action for damages were confined to the UK courts, any compensation awarded would be in the hundreds of thousands, compared with the millions that could be awarded in the US. The families' legal team is believed to be taking action to counter the injunctions.
A spokesman for Shell said it was thought 'appropriate that the matter should be resolved in Scotland'.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Life on Earth may have developed below rather than above ground, reveal scientists
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: Working in conjunction with ...
£85000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Top 15 Firm - Qualified AC...
Salary £35-50K Plus Generous Benefits Package including Car,Pension ,and Health...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Capita Education Resou...