OFT clears price cut by 'Times'
Friday 15 October 1993
The OFT made preliminary inquiries into the British newspaper market, but Sir Bryan Carsberg, Director General of Fair Trading, said yesterday that he was satisfied 'that the reduction in the cover price of the Times reflects a calculated commercial decision by News International, which I would not be justified in treating as predatory'.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Paul Walker autopsy: Results reveal Fast and Furious star's cause of death
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: VB.NET SQL CSS Develop...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£21000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Graduate QA/Graduate T...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (MySQL, ...