Perhaps only once in 500 years there comes a rain like this . . .
Thursday 10 June 1993
The Meteorological Office said calculations from local records put such rain in the 'very rare event' category, something which might only happen there twice in a millenium.
There was also heavy rain in the North-west and storms were expected in the South. Forecasters said the weather would remain sultry with temperatures in the 70s.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Autumn Statement 2013: Work until you’re 70 - George Osborne accused of ‘living in fantasy land’ over pension reforms
Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
Paul Walker autopsy: Results reveal Fast and Furious star's cause of death
Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
UK weather: Two dead and 100,000 homes without power as 100mph storm batters Scotland – now biggest tidal surge in 60 years threatens east coast
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
£18999 - £28001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top 10 accounta...
£23000 - £25000 Per Annum +22 days holiday +Excellent Benefits: Clearwater Peo...
£16000 - £20000 Per Annum +22 Days Holiday +Excellent Benefits: Clearwater Peo...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: An award win...