Policemen 'assaulted man'
Saturday 05 December 1992
TWO policemen travelling to collect a prisoner broke a man's arm during a brawl outside a public house, a court was told yesterday.
Strathclyde Police officers Thomas McGrath, 45, of Paisley, and John Milliken, 32, of Glasgow, deny assaulting Mr Kevin McAlyne, 29, of Wolverhampton.
Stafford Crown Court was told that the officers were travelling in plain clothes from Glasgow to collect a prisoner at Telford, Shropshire. Estelle Hindley, for the prosecution, said they drank half a bottle of whisky and some lager before reaching Wolverhampton, where they had to change trains.
She said that while waiting they went to a nearby pub. There the officers encountered Mr McAlyne, and after an altercation all three were ejected and started to fight.
The court was told that Mr McAlyne tried to get away but fell and the officers kicked him. He suffered a fractured arm, a dislocated elbow and bruising.
The case continues on Monday.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...