Ed Miliband now bookie's favourite to win Labour leadership race
Friday 24 September 2010
For the first time since the contest began, Ed Miliband is favourite with bookmaker Coral to become the new leader of the Labour party. The younger Miliband is now the odds-on 8-11 favourite to replace Gordon Brown, with brother David out to evens.
"With voting now closed, this is a significant change in the odds, and it's bad news for David Miliband supporters, with their man displaced as favourite at the crucial time," said Coral's David Stevens.
"If the money talks, then Ed Miliband will be the new leader of the Labour party," added Stevens.
Next Labour Leader:
8-11 (from evens) Ed Miliband
Evens (from 4-9) David Miliband,
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 Greggs Google fail: bakery falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
- 3 Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
£30000 - £33000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Junior DBA (SQ...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: Business Anal...
£60000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Global leading Energy Tra...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: CXL, Triple Po...