Everything you need to know about how the changes will affect you - full news, analysis and comment from the Autumn Statement
All squeezed together - what it means for your wallet
Wednesday 05 December 2012
* Osborne's raid on middle class: 400,000 forced on to 40p income tax rate ind.pn
* Austerity to last until 2018, admits George Osborne ind.pn
* Teachers threaten walkouts in row over Government salary shake-up ind.pn
* 'It is not the rest of the world's fault': Balls joins in blame game ind.pn
* Diamonds, fur coats and a food bank... all in Osborne’s backyard ind.pn
* Benefits: Fair or foul, Osborne keeps welfare down ind.pn
* Pensions: Elderly ‘treated like a cashpoint’ as the ceiling on savings for old age is lowered ind.pn
* Middle classes: ‘Stealth tax’ policy will drag 400,000 earners into higher rate ind.pn
* Swiss banking: Treaty to crackdown on Britain’s tax evaders ind.pn
* Fuel: Amid the austerity, drivers are cheered as duty rise is scrapped ind.pn
* Science: Boost for technology as extra £600m is pumped into research ind.pn
* Environment: Green lobby dismay as fracking is given the go-ahead ind.pn
* Aid: Pledge to UN is honoured, but less will be spent than expected ind.pn
* Infrastructure: HS2 - green light for new rail, roads and schools ind.pn
* Whitehall: Another 10% hammering for some departments ind.pn
* Autumn Statement reaction: Business gives the OK – but bankers aren’t going to buy it ind.pn
* Small businesses: A cautious welcome, but measures 'a bit of a joke' ind.pn
* Cost fears raised but overhaul for PFI is given a welcome, too ind.pn
* How your finances will be affected by the Autumn Statement ind.pn
* Autumn Statement: Bad numbers that may get even worse ind.pn
* To understand the situation Osborne confronted in his Autumn Statement, look a decade ahead ind.pn
* The part-time Chancellor with his head in the sand: why Osborne should be held to account for slashing public spending and talking down the economy ind.pn
* British boardrooms gave a cautious welcome to George Osborne's Autumn Statement. But for workers and savers, there wasn't much to cheer ind.pn
* Editorial: Autumn Statement - a mini-Budget more about politics than economics ind.pn
* What George Osborne said - and what he meant ind.pn
* We’re already in Plan B. They just haven’t told us ind.pn
* Nothing George Osborne said in his Autumn Statement can disguise how bleak the figures are ind.pn
* Spin it any way you like, George Osborne's Autumn Statement proves he is a failure as Chancellor ind.pn
* Autumn Statement: After George Osborne said he was dropping the fuel duty rise, the man taking the credit set his sights on Gordon Brown's 10p tax ind.pn
* George Osborne's Autumn Statement is not so much middle way as muddle way ind.pn
* The Sketch: Deathly Chancellor gets a new lease of life from his opposite number ind.pn
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
Perez Hilton apologises for publishing Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
Jennifer Lawrence 'nude photo hacker' claims there are hundreds more celebrity images to come
Victoria Justice on naked photo leak: 'Let me nip this in the bud right now – pun intended'
Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
Ariana Grande nude photos leak: Pictures are completely fake, say singer's representatives
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain
£35000 - £36500 per annum: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator (SharePoint) -...
£90 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: We are currently recruiting...
£30000 - £37000 per annum + attractive benefits: Ashdown Group: .NET Developer...
Main Pay Scale : Randstad Education Leeds: Biology Teacher to A Level - Female...