Everything you need to know about how the changes will affect you - full news, analysis and comment from the Autumn Statement
All squeezed together - what it means for your wallet
Wednesday 05 December 2012
* Osborne's raid on middle class: 400,000 forced on to 40p income tax rate ind.pn
* Austerity to last until 2018, admits George Osborne ind.pn
* Teachers threaten walkouts in row over Government salary shake-up ind.pn
* 'It is not the rest of the world's fault': Balls joins in blame game ind.pn
* Diamonds, fur coats and a food bank... all in Osborne’s backyard ind.pn
* Benefits: Fair or foul, Osborne keeps welfare down ind.pn
* Pensions: Elderly ‘treated like a cashpoint’ as the ceiling on savings for old age is lowered ind.pn
* Middle classes: ‘Stealth tax’ policy will drag 400,000 earners into higher rate ind.pn
* Swiss banking: Treaty to crackdown on Britain’s tax evaders ind.pn
* Fuel: Amid the austerity, drivers are cheered as duty rise is scrapped ind.pn
* Science: Boost for technology as extra £600m is pumped into research ind.pn
* Environment: Green lobby dismay as fracking is given the go-ahead ind.pn
* Aid: Pledge to UN is honoured, but less will be spent than expected ind.pn
* Infrastructure: HS2 - green light for new rail, roads and schools ind.pn
* Whitehall: Another 10% hammering for some departments ind.pn
* Autumn Statement reaction: Business gives the OK – but bankers aren’t going to buy it ind.pn
* Small businesses: A cautious welcome, but measures 'a bit of a joke' ind.pn
* Cost fears raised but overhaul for PFI is given a welcome, too ind.pn
* How your finances will be affected by the Autumn Statement ind.pn
* Autumn Statement: Bad numbers that may get even worse ind.pn
* To understand the situation Osborne confronted in his Autumn Statement, look a decade ahead ind.pn
* The part-time Chancellor with his head in the sand: why Osborne should be held to account for slashing public spending and talking down the economy ind.pn
* British boardrooms gave a cautious welcome to George Osborne's Autumn Statement. But for workers and savers, there wasn't much to cheer ind.pn
* Editorial: Autumn Statement - a mini-Budget more about politics than economics ind.pn
* What George Osborne said - and what he meant ind.pn
* We’re already in Plan B. They just haven’t told us ind.pn
* Nothing George Osborne said in his Autumn Statement can disguise how bleak the figures are ind.pn
* Spin it any way you like, George Osborne's Autumn Statement proves he is a failure as Chancellor ind.pn
* Autumn Statement: After George Osborne said he was dropping the fuel duty rise, the man taking the credit set his sights on Gordon Brown's 10p tax ind.pn
* George Osborne's Autumn Statement is not so much middle way as muddle way ind.pn
* The Sketch: Deathly Chancellor gets a new lease of life from his opposite number ind.pn
- 1 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe Ned Stark's son may have a twin sister
- 2 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 3 Miley Cyrus address Robin Thicke VMA controversy: ‘He wanted me as naked as possible, but I got the heat because I’m a woman’
- 4 iPhone 6s camera: features to include 4K video camera and flash for selfies
- 5 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
Miley Cyrus address Robin Thicke VMA controversy: ‘He wanted me as naked as possible, but I got the heat because I’m a woman’
Most expensive city to live in for expatriates: Luanda, Angola takes number one spot with Hong Kong and Zurich in top three
If Surrey were Syria: Social experiment shows what it's like to live under siege
Irish tourist filmed fighting with shopkeepers in Turkey says they 'messed with the wrong man'
House of Lords: Outcry as donors, fixers and MPs caught up in expenses scandal get peerages
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
£9464 - £12995 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The successful applicant will ne...
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This hull based charity providing except...
£9464 - £10396 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The successful applicant will ne...