Everything you need to know about how the changes will affect you - full news, analysis and comment from the Autumn Statement
All squeezed together - what it means for your wallet
Wednesday 05 December 2012
* Osborne's raid on middle class: 400,000 forced on to 40p income tax rate ind.pn
* Austerity to last until 2018, admits George Osborne ind.pn
* Teachers threaten walkouts in row over Government salary shake-up ind.pn
* 'It is not the rest of the world's fault': Balls joins in blame game ind.pn
* Diamonds, fur coats and a food bank... all in Osborne’s backyard ind.pn
* Benefits: Fair or foul, Osborne keeps welfare down ind.pn
* Pensions: Elderly ‘treated like a cashpoint’ as the ceiling on savings for old age is lowered ind.pn
* Middle classes: ‘Stealth tax’ policy will drag 400,000 earners into higher rate ind.pn
* Swiss banking: Treaty to crackdown on Britain’s tax evaders ind.pn
* Fuel: Amid the austerity, drivers are cheered as duty rise is scrapped ind.pn
* Science: Boost for technology as extra £600m is pumped into research ind.pn
* Environment: Green lobby dismay as fracking is given the go-ahead ind.pn
* Aid: Pledge to UN is honoured, but less will be spent than expected ind.pn
* Infrastructure: HS2 - green light for new rail, roads and schools ind.pn
* Whitehall: Another 10% hammering for some departments ind.pn
* Autumn Statement reaction: Business gives the OK – but bankers aren’t going to buy it ind.pn
* Small businesses: A cautious welcome, but measures 'a bit of a joke' ind.pn
* Cost fears raised but overhaul for PFI is given a welcome, too ind.pn
* How your finances will be affected by the Autumn Statement ind.pn
* Autumn Statement: Bad numbers that may get even worse ind.pn
* To understand the situation Osborne confronted in his Autumn Statement, look a decade ahead ind.pn
* The part-time Chancellor with his head in the sand: why Osborne should be held to account for slashing public spending and talking down the economy ind.pn
* British boardrooms gave a cautious welcome to George Osborne's Autumn Statement. But for workers and savers, there wasn't much to cheer ind.pn
* Editorial: Autumn Statement - a mini-Budget more about politics than economics ind.pn
* What George Osborne said - and what he meant ind.pn
* We’re already in Plan B. They just haven’t told us ind.pn
* Nothing George Osborne said in his Autumn Statement can disguise how bleak the figures are ind.pn
* Spin it any way you like, George Osborne's Autumn Statement proves he is a failure as Chancellor ind.pn
* Autumn Statement: After George Osborne said he was dropping the fuel duty rise, the man taking the credit set his sights on Gordon Brown's 10p tax ind.pn
* George Osborne's Autumn Statement is not so much middle way as muddle way ind.pn
* The Sketch: Deathly Chancellor gets a new lease of life from his opposite number ind.pn
Exclusive: World’s most pristine waters are polluted by US Navy human waste
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Any terrorist seizure of the plane ‘would have required one hell of a piece of planning’
Croatia's second city to close 'worst zoo in the world' after reports of 'nightmare' conditions and 'depressed' animals
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Hijackers, pirates or suicide – the theories surrounding the mystery
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Q&A by Simon Calder: How far could it have travelled? Who was responsible and what would their plans be? And how can a plane just vanish?
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Exclusive: World’s most pristine waters are polluted by US Navy human waste
- 3 Pakistani gang rape victim Amina Bibi dies after setting herself on fire
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Jet ‘hijacking’ began soon after take-off
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Charter Selection: This well respected and exciting...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Charter Selection: This exciting company and market...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + EXCELLENT SALARY: Austen Lloyd: Senior Private Cli...
£25,000 to £35,000: IT Connections Ltd: Signal Processing Engineer / Acoustics...