In Dave's World... What's the price of a posh pinta?
Sunday 29 April 2012
So, says Nadine Dorries, our leaders are out of touch. The Tory MP thought she hit a nerve last week when she lampooned Cameron and Osborne as "posh boys who don't know the price of milk". Unfair! Dave and George may be hazy over the full-fat, but isn't the average punter just as ignorant of their world? After all, what do you really know about the cost of living for the Notting Hill set?
1. A place in town? How much for an "exceptional semi-detached house" in Notting Hill's leafy Elgin Crescent?
2. Cotswolds bolthole? What price a "family house" in Chipping Norton?
3. New motor? What's the starting price for Range Rover's latest TDV8 Westminster edition?
4. Shooting? How much for a "fantastic pair of Purdey Self-Openers"?
5. Don't forget the kiddies! What does Eton cost these days?
6. And how much is a pint of milk anyway? (We're talking Daylesford Organic here, not Tesco....)
Answers 1. £10.5m (via Marsh & Parsons); 2. £1.5m (via Butler Sherborn); 3. From £69,995; 4. £44,000 (gunstar.co.uk); 5. £30,981 a year; 6. 50p.
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 4 The top 50 cities for young people to live in
General Election 2015: Fishing is on Nigel Farage's mind as he casts a line to the disaffected of Grimsby
Oxygen-starved 'dead zones' with no marine life up to 100-miles long discovered in the Atlantic Ocean
The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
Russian warships accused of 'chasing away' Swedish vessel to prevent Baltic States from achieving energy independence
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: SNP and its activists 'openly racist' towards the English, Farage says
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
£28000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Senior Digital Marketing Cons...
£16640 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Assistant Stores Keeper is r...
£16000 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an excellent opportunit...
£17000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Developer required to join a bu...