In Dave's World... What's the price of a posh pinta?
Sunday 29 April 2012
So, says Nadine Dorries, our leaders are out of touch. The Tory MP thought she hit a nerve last week when she lampooned Cameron and Osborne as "posh boys who don't know the price of milk". Unfair! Dave and George may be hazy over the full-fat, but isn't the average punter just as ignorant of their world? After all, what do you really know about the cost of living for the Notting Hill set?
1. A place in town? How much for an "exceptional semi-detached house" in Notting Hill's leafy Elgin Crescent?
2. Cotswolds bolthole? What price a "family house" in Chipping Norton?
3. New motor? What's the starting price for Range Rover's latest TDV8 Westminster edition?
4. Shooting? How much for a "fantastic pair of Purdey Self-Openers"?
5. Don't forget the kiddies! What does Eton cost these days?
6. And how much is a pint of milk anyway? (We're talking Daylesford Organic here, not Tesco....)
Answers 1. £10.5m (via Marsh & Parsons); 2. £1.5m (via Butler Sherborn); 3. From £69,995; 4. £44,000 (gunstar.co.uk); 5. £30,981 a year; 6. 50p.
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - An excellent new instruction w...
£500 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Server Developer SQL, PHP, C#, Real Time,...
£600 per day: Harrington Starr: C#.NET Developer C#, Win Forms, WPF, WCF, MVVM...