In Dave's World... What's the price of a posh pinta?
Sunday 29 April 2012
So, says Nadine Dorries, our leaders are out of touch. The Tory MP thought she hit a nerve last week when she lampooned Cameron and Osborne as "posh boys who don't know the price of milk". Unfair! Dave and George may be hazy over the full-fat, but isn't the average punter just as ignorant of their world? After all, what do you really know about the cost of living for the Notting Hill set?
1. A place in town? How much for an "exceptional semi-detached house" in Notting Hill's leafy Elgin Crescent?
2. Cotswolds bolthole? What price a "family house" in Chipping Norton?
3. New motor? What's the starting price for Range Rover's latest TDV8 Westminster edition?
4. Shooting? How much for a "fantastic pair of Purdey Self-Openers"?
5. Don't forget the kiddies! What does Eton cost these days?
6. And how much is a pint of milk anyway? (We're talking Daylesford Organic here, not Tesco....)
Answers 1. £10.5m (via Marsh & Parsons); 2. £1.5m (via Butler Sherborn); 3. From £69,995; 4. £44,000 (gunstar.co.uk); 5. £30,981 a year; 6. 50p.
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
Jennifer Lawrence face palms Emma Watson at Christian Dior show
Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
Pamplona Running of the Bulls 2014: Briton critically injured in San Fermin festival
Elephant 'cries' while being rescued after 50 years of abuse in India
Google executive died on yacht after prostitute gave him fatal dose of heroin, say police
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
£60000 - £75000 per annum + highly competitive package: Real Staffing: A leadi...
MARKET RATE: Real Staffing: A Global Banking organisation has some exciting gr...
£21084 - £31868 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: We are looking for a...
£100 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: We have an exciting role f...