In Dave's World... What's the price of a posh pinta?
Sunday 29 April 2012
So, says Nadine Dorries, our leaders are out of touch. The Tory MP thought she hit a nerve last week when she lampooned Cameron and Osborne as "posh boys who don't know the price of milk". Unfair! Dave and George may be hazy over the full-fat, but isn't the average punter just as ignorant of their world? After all, what do you really know about the cost of living for the Notting Hill set?
1. A place in town? How much for an "exceptional semi-detached house" in Notting Hill's leafy Elgin Crescent?
2. Cotswolds bolthole? What price a "family house" in Chipping Norton?
3. New motor? What's the starting price for Range Rover's latest TDV8 Westminster edition?
4. Shooting? How much for a "fantastic pair of Purdey Self-Openers"?
5. Don't forget the kiddies! What does Eton cost these days?
6. And how much is a pint of milk anyway? (We're talking Daylesford Organic here, not Tesco....)
Answers 1. £10.5m (via Marsh & Parsons); 2. £1.5m (via Butler Sherborn); 3. From £69,995; 4. £44,000 (gunstar.co.uk); 5. £30,981 a year; 6. 50p.
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
£17000 - £20000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Helpdesk Support Technician - 12 ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: Maintenance...
£30000 - £38000 per annum + pesion + holidays: The Jenrick Group: World Wide S...
£35000 per annum + Pension+Bupa: The Jenrick Group: We are recruiting for an e...