Labour increases poll lead to 14 points
Labour has established a 14-point lead over the Conservatives, according to a poll.
Support for Labour is on 45%, while that for the Tories is on 31%, the YouGov survey for The Sun suggested.
The Liberal Democrats are on just 7%, in fourth place behind the UK Independence Party on 8%, YouGov found.
The poll also discovered that Labour has crept ahead of the Tories as voters' preferred choice for dealing with the problems facing the economy.
The Tories' one-point lead on its handling of the economy has been reversed since two weeks ago so that Labour is now backed on the issue by 27% to 26%.
:: YouGov interviewed 1,720 adults on May 13 and 14.
That's some guestlist! Stunning images show huge dynastic wedding between Ultra-Orthodox Jewish families which attracted 25,000 guests
'He was always smiling': Lee Rigby named as Woolwich victim
'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
Exclusive: Woolwich suspect Michael Adebolajo was inspired by cleric banned from UK after urging followers to behead enemies of Islam
Seeing the larger picture: Inspiring images of space
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 'He was always smiling': Lee Rigby named as Woolwich victim
- 3 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 4 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 5 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.