Mandy leaves hospital all smiles
Sunday 23 August 2009
Peter Mandelson left hospital in good spirits yesterday after undergoing an operation for an enlarged prostate gland.
The Secretary of State for Business praised the treatment he received at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, west London, where he spent Friday night recovering from the hour-long procedure.
Around 60 per cent of older men have some degree of prostate enlargement, caused by an overgrowth of cells which blocks the flow of urine. An operation to remove part of the gland is sometimes necessary.
As he left St Mary's yesterday, Lord Mandelson thanked the nurses and doctors who treated him: "Everything is now flowing extremely well. I am very proud to be an NHS patient."
Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
More than 200 flights delayed and cancelled at Heathrow as air traffic control problem affects airports across Britain
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£34999 - £43001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top 10 firm in ...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Software E...
£45000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + 28 days holiday: Harrington Starr: Java In...
£40000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + 28 days holiday: Harrington Starr: Senior ...