More than 50 years of marriage ends in divorce for Lord (formerly MP Roy) Hattersley
Friday 12 April 2013
The marriage of 80-year-old Labour politician Lord Hattersley drew to a close in a London divorce court today.
District Judge Heather MacGregor signalled the end of the former Labour Party deputy leader's marriage to wife Edith when she granted a decree nisi at a hearing in the Principal Registry of the Family Division of the High Court.
Case paperwork said the Hattersleys had been separated for five years and their marriage had “irretrievably broken down”. Records show that the couple married in 1956.
Neither Lord Hattersley - who as Roy Hattersley was MP for Birmingham Sparkbrook - nor his wife was at the hearing.
Lord Hattersley said afterwards that he did not wish to comment.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Autumn Statement 2013: Work until you’re 70 - George Osborne accused of ‘living in fantasy land’ over pension reforms
Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
Paul Walker autopsy: Results reveal Fast and Furious star's cause of death
Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
UK weather: Two dead and 100,000 homes without power as 100mph storm batters Scotland – now biggest tidal surge in 60 years threatens east coast
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: VB.NET SQL CSS Develop...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£21000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Graduate QA/Graduate T...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (MySQL, ...