PM sends Thatcher 'get well' tweet
The Prime Minister yesterday wished Margaret Thatcher a "speedy recovery" as she recuperated after undergoing surgery to remove a growth from her bladder. Baroness Thatcher is expected to spend Christmas recuperating in hospital following the "minimally invasive" procedure to remove the lump.
The 87-year-old former prime minister was admitted to hospital on Thursday after suffering stomach pains and is expected to be kept in for several days following the procedure. David Cameron tweeted his message of support via the official No 10 account.
Lady Thatcher's former political adviser Lord Bell yesterday said she was doing "absolutely fine". "She's very tough. The doctors are perfectly happy. They say the operation has been completely satisfactory."
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Excellent Salary Package - £60K to £120K: Austen Lloyd: We have an exciting op...
£200 - £250 per day: Progressive Recruitment: Java Developer - Urgent Requirem...
£70000 - £95000 per annum + Bonus, flexible working hours, remote work: Progre...
£50000 - £56000 per annum + Benefits package, flexible working hours: Progress...