Tories told: Don't air our dirty linen on TV
The Chief Whip Patrick McLoughlin has evidently become alarmed at the number of backbenchers prepared to air the party's differences on television and radio.
In a terse note to his MPs, he has told them to clear all interviews with party headquarters. One – apparently angry over the party's New Labour-style control freak tendencies – retaliated last night by leaking the message to the ConservativeHome website.
Mr McLoughlin explains that clearing interview appearances will ensure MPs "have the most up to date lines to take as these can change throughout the day" and are "not clashing with Cabinet and Ministers".
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Rapper Ja Rule forced to deny leaving his wife for prison cell mate
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum dependent on experience: The Green Recruitment Compa...
£18000 - £20000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: IT Project Adminis...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£40,000-£43,000: Cornwallis Elt : Project Manager- Cloud and SaaS, London T...