Tory donor to 'lend' vote to another party
A major Tory donor has said he will "lend" his vote to another party at tomorrow's European elections.
Lord Kalms, a former Conservative Party Treasurer, said he would be backing one of the smaller parties - potentially UKIP.
The eurosceptic peer's intervention risks disciplinary action, as the Tory leadership takes a dim view of members encouraging support for political rivals.
Businessman Stuart Wheeler was expelled from the party earlier this year after giving £100,000 to UKIP.
In a statement Lord Kalms, ex-boss of retail chain Dixons, said: "European elections tomorrow are a unique opportunity for the British electorate to express their distaste for several current UK policies from all the leading parties.
"It is an opportunity to vote for personal priorities and, with the exception of the BNP, I would strongly recommend, as I will do, voting for smaller parties who represent my major concerns today.
"For myself, I am considering lending my vote to UKIP."
Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
The ten coldest places on Earth
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Krokodil in Mexico? Teenager hospitalised after 'injecting drug into her genitals'
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: This company delivers display ad...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: 1st/2nd Line Suppo...
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Internal Audit Ma...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Systems Engineer x...