Rape case judge angers women
Wednesday 11 August 1993
Sentencing David Forrest, 36, of Alresford, Hampshire, to 3 1/2 years' jail, Judge Michael Addison said: 'This is not in my view the more serious type of rape - that is the rape of a total stranger.' Winchester Crown Court had been told that Forrest raped the woman after she rejected his advances.
A spokeswoman for Rape Crisis Line said: 'More than 90 per cent of rapes are committed by men who know their victims and it is about time courts recognised this. It makes it very hard for a woman to go through the ordeal of going to court if justice is not really done.'
- 1 This is what happens when you tattoo Charmander on yourself, drunk, and with no experience
- 2 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer has leaked – watch
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a white stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Russian warships in English Channel 'to conduct anti-aircraft and anti-submarine military drills'
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Front-End UI Application ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Domestic Service Only Engineers are requ...
£23600 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Employability Service withi...