Red Arrows may be axed
Tuesday 21 December 1993
A study team is to decide whether there are sufficient funds to pay for them at a time when pounds 2.28bn of cuts must be found by 1997. In a 'Defence Cost Study' - the word 'review' is avoided - the MoD could also end up buying second-hand military equipment in its efforts to save cash.
Over the next three months, study teams, including representatives from the Treasury, will look at 15 main areas. MoD mandarins and senior officers yesterday were wondering: 'Which sacred cows will have to be shot?'
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...
£22000 - £38000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£22000 - £37000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...