The Church of England's General Synod: Attack on food bill
Monday 13 July 1992
Janet Vout has put down a private member's motion saying: 'This Synod regrets the over abundant provision of food at the July group session and requests that at future sessions, a more modest menu be offered.'
She claimed the food bill, which came to thousands, was partly paid by churchgoers.
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Life on Earth may have developed below rather than above ground, reveal scientists
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£85000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Top 15 Firm - Qualified AC...
Salary £35-50K Plus Generous Benefits Package including Car,Pension ,and Health...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Capita Education Resou...
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...