The daily poem
Henry Noyes was born in 1910 in Canton, China and for the past 30 years has lived in California. In the 1940s he headed the creative writing department at the University of Missouri, where he co-edited the anthology English Heritage.
His past writings include The Transformation and China Born, Adventures of a Maverick Bookman, published by Peter Owen in 1989.
This poem appears in Valley of the Sun (copyright Henry Noyes, published by New Earth Publications, available through Stride Publications at pounds 5.95).
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: NQTs required now fo...