The Daily Poem: Eye: Vicki Feaver writes about Robert Davies's photograph, Eye II
Friday 11 June 1993
THE PHOTOGRAPHER: Robert Davies was born in 1964 and lives in London. He is a photography postgraduate from the Royal College of Art and has had several exhibitions. Of the series from which this photograph is taken, he has said 'they seemed, at once, both repulsive and beautiful'. They can be seen in The South Bank Photo Show at the Royal Festival Hall until 18 July.
THE POET: Vicki Feaver was born in 1943. She began writing in her mid-thirties and has published one full collection, Close Relatives, and two pamphlets. She teaches English and Creative Studies at the West Sussex Institute.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity' claims
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
attractive: Citifocus: and complete all required maintenance, to monitor and c...
£55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Technical Operations Analyst (SQL, UNIX, L...
£11 - £13 per hour: Pro-Recruitment Group: ***Temporary Purchase Ledger Clerk ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...