The Daily Poem: Heavenly Body
Monday 02 May 1994
Sarah Maguire was born in London in 1957. A selection of her poems appeared in New Chatto Poets 2. Her first collection, Spilt Milk, was published by Secker & Warburg in 1991. Sarah Maguire is included in the New Generation promotion and will be reading with two other New Generation Poets, Lavinia Greenlaw and W N Herbert, at The Bridge Hotel, Castle Square, Newcastle (091 232 5988) at 8pm tomorrow evening. This poem appears in the current issue of the Poetry Review ( pounds 4.95).
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Dear 'The Sun', breast cancer isn't sexy
- 4 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 5 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...