The Independent on Sunday
Sunday 10 October 1993
Both newspapers will use more colour to enhance their reputation for fine photography. Both will expand their range of interests in the service of the reader. But our style and our values will not change.
These improvements carry a substantial cost, which is why we have to ask you to pay a higher price for your newspapers. Today this newspaper moves from 90p to pounds 1, while on Tuesday the Independent's weekday price will go up from 45p to the Saturday price, 50p. We hope and believe that you will be prepared to pay a realistic price for our continuing commitment to quality and the continuing independence of the Independent and the Independent on Sunday.
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...