The Tories in Bournemouth: Quotes of the day
Thursday 13 October 1994
'Over the last 20 years we have shown in the United Kingdom that state monopolies do not work. Indeed, we have shown that the best way to lose your job is to work for one' - John Redwood, Secretary of State for Wales.
'All Labour offer is karaoke Conservativism. They keep forgetting the words. They can't keep in tune and they remind you how much better is the original' - Peter Lilley, Secretary of State for Social Security.
'A government led by Tony Blair would be tough on wealth and tough on the causes of wealth' - Michael Portillo.
Kenneth Clarke, the Chancellor, will address the conference at the close of a debate on the economy. There will also be debates on the environment and planning, education, home affairs and Northern Ireland.
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner's mother Ester thought her daughter, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, had transitioned for money
- 2 Charles Kennedy 1959-2015: A gifted, compassionate politician whose career was cut short by the 'demon drink' - latest news
- 3 Alton Towers crash: Four seriously injured and 16 guests trapped as Smiler ride carriages collide
- 4 Ann Summers survey reveals the UK's favourite sex position
- 5 Gay teenager 'forced to have sex with his own mother' to 'cure' his homosexuality, campaigners in India say
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Church of England 'one generation away from extinction' after dramatic loss of followers
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is a solutions / s...
£18000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive is required t...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you inspired to bring new a...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...