Contaminated ecstasy kills second clubber

Click to follow

A second young nightclubber died yesterday after taking a contaminated ecstasy tablet at an all-night rave.

Steven Brett, 19, from Surrey, died at King's College Hospital after being found collapsed and convulsing on Sunday morning near the SE1 nightclub under London Bridge railway station.

Bret Gilkes, 20, from Birmingham, was also found unconscious near the club on Sunday morning but died at hospital soon afterwards.

Another man, aged 19, from west London, remained in critical condition yesterday after managing to get to hospital when he became ill.

Police have announced an amnesty for anyone who bought the white tablets, stamped with a logo of a five-pronged crown, that were in circulation at the all-night "Raindance" festival to mark the summer solstice.

Up to six other club-goers have gone to hospital showing signs of drug overdoses.

Comments