New Year Honours: Order of the British Empire
Dame Commander (DBE)
Friday 31 December 2004
Holmes, Miss Kelly, MBE, For serv Athletics. MacDonald, Mrs Mary Beaton, Headteach, Riverside Primary School, North Shields, North Tyneside. For serv Educ. Mullally, The Rev Sarah Elisabeth, Formerly ch Nursing Offr, Dept of Health. Pugh, Dr Gillian Mary, OBE, Chief exec, Coram Family. For serv Children and their Families. Thomas, Prof Jean Olwen, CBE, FRS, Prof of Macromolecular Biochemistry, Univ of Camb. For serv Biochemistry. Grey-Thompson, Mrs Tanni Carys Davina, OBE, For serv Disabled Sport. Waterman, Dr Fanny, CBE, Chair and Artistic dir, Leeds Internat Pianoforte Competition. For serv Music.
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + 30 days holiday: Ashdown Group: Finance Manager - ...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: 3rd Line Support Engineer / Network ...
£26000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Web Developer is required to ...