Offaly Good: A guide to Burns Night
Our quick guide to hosting a traditional Burns Supper
Alex Salmond will today briefly put debates about the Scottish independence vote to one side to celebrate Scotland’s most famous cultural export Robert Burns.
The First Minister will attend a performance of 'Tam O’ Shanter' by schoolchildren at the Scottish Storytelling Centre in Edinburgh.
Events will take place across Scotland, including the unveiling of a new £25,000 statue of Burns in Alloway, Ayrshire, where he was born 253 years ago.
Suppers to mark the birthday of the Scottish Bard will be held in homes across Scotland. But what is the correct way to host a Burns Night?
Click HERE or on the gallery above to see our guide.
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.