A letter in a rival Sunday newspaper recently contested the claim that Junk & Disorderly was the best-punning shop name in Britain, claiming the title for a butcher in Tooting called Halal – Is It Meat You're Looking For. Sadly, there is no such shop. But these are all genuine...
1. Wok This Way Chinese take-away in Newcastle nominated by Richard Thomas.
2. Sun Tan Drews Tanning salon, now closed, in north-east Fife university town. Nominated by Andrew Keenan.
3. Curl Up and Dye Hairdresser in many places, including Kingston. From Nick Hoenig.
4. Melon Cauli Greengrocer in Pheasey, Birmingham (the sign also says "funeral work undertaken"). From Ian.
5. Kumquat Mae Vegetarian restaurant, Sheffield. Put forward by James Whetlor.
6. Napoleon Boiler Parts Alton, Hampshire. "It almost makes us want our boiler to be repaired," say Pauline and Bernard Sheridan.
7. Lawn Order Gardener's van seen by Gary Plumb.
8. Sellfridges A fridge shop in Stoke Newington, north London, that entertains Alexander Fury.
9. B-Side The C-Side Record shop in Herne Bay. Sent in by Daniel Houghton.
10. Maison D'Etre Restaurant, Highbury Corner, north London. From Simon Wilder.
Next week: Fictional villains.
Coming soon: Words with opposite meanings (sanction, oversight). Send your suggestions, and ideas for future Top 10s, to email@example.com