Tory fund raiser resigns over ban
Tuesday 01 March 1994
Anthony Weldon, head of the Team 1,000, a multi-millionaire with the task of wiping out the party's debts, resigned as a party treasurer. Mr Weldon, a member of the Tory board of treasurers, said: 'My reasons are solely to prevent further embarrassment to the party.'
Mr Weldon, who was responsible for raising donations of pounds 1,000 from party supporters, was barred from trading in the US after falling foul of US trade regulations over multi-million dollar cocoa investments.
A party spokesman said the case involved a civil offence laid three years ago. He said the offence was 'technical'.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Chemical and radiation experts investigate after death of man found inside tent in field
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Capita Education Resou...
£35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Winfo...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Senior C...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Senior A...