London is set to come to a standstill this week after the latest offer to Tube workers was rejected by unions.
Hopes that another round of strikes over the new all-night Tube might be averted have been dashed after unions representing London Underground workers rejected the latest offer, with one saying it "was merely a rehash of the previous package".
Drivers' union Aslef has said it has been left with "no other choice" than to go ahead with the walkout.
Thousands of tube workers are now set for another 24 hour walkout from 6:30pm on Wednesday, seeing the service grind to a halt for the second time in a month.
The offer has not been increased in value, but LU said it had been "reshaped" in response to concerns about the work-life balance of staff who will work on the new service.
Unite, whose members involved in the dispute include engineers and power staff, said the proposed deal did not go far enough, especially on the flexibility of working the new night Tube.
The RMT, which also said it had rejected the plans, said its representatives were "furious" when they examined details of the deal.
A statement said: "They are a re-hash of previous plans and would continue along the course of smashing up long-standing agreements and destroying work/life balance in the interests of delivering the mayor's ill-conceived night Tube vanity project.
"RMT will now be embarking on a renewed campaign to inform the public of the heavy price that the millions of weekday commuters, paying thousands of pounds of year, will be paying in terms of safety, reliability and quality in order to get a few thousand revellers home from central London in the early hours of Saturday and Sunday morning."
General secretary Mick Cash said: "Our members have made it clear that the latest offer from London Underground is merely a rehash of the previous package and does nothing to tackle the core issue which revolves around staff being at the beck and call of management to be hauled in during their free time to try and plug the staffing gaps which riddle the mayor's night Tube vanity project."
The move increases the likelihood of the three main rail unions turning down the offer, with expectations that actions will be taken jointly as in the past.
Tube workers and their unions are taking action over the pay and conditions for staff working on the new night Tube, which is set to be launched on 12 September this year.
Additional reporting by PAReuse content