TUC: Threat by BT engineers
Management has indicated that it will force people to work late evenings and weekends if an insufficient number of volunteers comes forward. Leaders of the National Communications Union yesterday warned of industrial action if management resorted to compulsion.
Engineers are being urged to sign contracts by a week tomorrow, but the union said at the TUC conference yesterday that the overwhelming majority had refused.
Management wants engineers available to repair and install domestic telephones seven days a week until 8.30 at night.
- 1 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
Mohammed Emwazi: Nine things we know about Isis militant 'Jihadi John'
What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
'Jihadi John': Mohammed Emwazi – from British computer programmer to Isis executioner
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you want to work for a Compa...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you want to work for a Compa...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an innovative a...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Production Technician is required to join a ...