Two burnt as fire starts during row

Click to follow
The Independent Online
A husband and wife suffered severe burns yesterday when fire broke out as they were arguing in their bedroom.

Police said petrol had been used to start the blaze at the home of Leslie Beattie, 36, and his wife Michelle, 30, at Cramlington, Northumberland.

Last night Mrs Beattie was said to be 'critical' with 41 per cent burns and her husband 'poorly but stable' with 30 per cent burns in Newcastle General Hospital. The second floor of the house was gutted in the blaze.