Working for INM
Sunday 01 October 2006
Independent News & Media is a leading global media and communications group, with a turnover in excess of €1.6 billion, 165 newspaper and magazine titles and 11,000 employees worldwide. Based near Canary Wharf, the London office employs more than 650 staff who work on a variety of titles:
The Independent and The Independent on Sunday are modern newspapers with a mission to take the broader view. Launched in 1986 and 1990 respectively, these innovative newspapers with an ever-increasing circulation are changing the face of British national newspapers in the 21st century.
With award-winning journalists, The Independent has been twice chosen as Newspaper of the Year. In addition to this, Simon Kelner, Editor-in-Chief, was chosen as Editor of the Year at the GQ Men of the Year awards in September 2004.
Independent Educational Publishing produces a variety of publications for the Education and Careers industry, adding another successful string to the Independent News & Media bow.
London Careers is a free magazine that is distributed throughout London on a weekly basis. In today's competitive free publication market, the magazine provides information on jobs in London, as well as lifestyle features. In addition to this, the website, www.londoncareers.net, offers information on a wide range of jobs in London and users can search for up-to-the-minute jobs.
People are the fundamentally most important aspect to the success of the company. That's why we place such a huge emphasis on attracting and retaining staff. Only the very best candidates are recruited to Independent News & Media to ensure that the company's success, proficiency and innovation continue to grow.
INM (UK) in London offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits, which vary depending on the area of business:
· 25 days' holiday per year
· Company pension scheme, after a qualifying period, with the company matching employees' contributions, up to 6% of annual salary. Members of the pension scheme also receive life assurance cover, based on three times the annual salary.
· Private healthcare or Permanent Health Insurance (depending on business area and length of service)
· Employee Assistance Programme for employees, their partners and live-in dependants
· Subsidised on-site canteen
Editorial work experience
Work experience is offered to post-graduate journalism students who need to undertake it as part of their course. Should you wish to be considered for a work experience placement, please contact Marlijn Folkers. E-mail: email@example.com. It is advisable to book work experience well in advance.
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
The City of the Monkey God: Archaeologists claim to have found city lost for 1,000 years in remote Honduran jungle
Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
London property boom built on dirty money
Becky Watts: Stepbrother and his girlfriend named locally as two arrested on suspicion of murder
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A great opportunity has arisen ...
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Full time and Part time positio...
£45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and reputable Not for Profit o...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Ledger & Credit Control...