Working for INM
Sunday 01 October 2006
Independent News & Media is a leading global media and communications group, with a turnover in excess of €1.6 billion, 165 newspaper and magazine titles and 11,000 employees worldwide. Based near Canary Wharf, the London office employs more than 650 staff who work on a variety of titles:
The Independent and The Independent on Sunday are modern newspapers with a mission to take the broader view. Launched in 1986 and 1990 respectively, these innovative newspapers with an ever-increasing circulation are changing the face of British national newspapers in the 21st century.
With award-winning journalists, The Independent has been twice chosen as Newspaper of the Year. In addition to this, Simon Kelner, Editor-in-Chief, was chosen as Editor of the Year at the GQ Men of the Year awards in September 2004.
Independent Educational Publishing produces a variety of publications for the Education and Careers industry, adding another successful string to the Independent News & Media bow.
London Careers is a free magazine that is distributed throughout London on a weekly basis. In today's competitive free publication market, the magazine provides information on jobs in London, as well as lifestyle features. In addition to this, the website, www.londoncareers.net, offers information on a wide range of jobs in London and users can search for up-to-the-minute jobs.
People are the fundamentally most important aspect to the success of the company. That's why we place such a huge emphasis on attracting and retaining staff. Only the very best candidates are recruited to Independent News & Media to ensure that the company's success, proficiency and innovation continue to grow.
INM (UK) in London offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits, which vary depending on the area of business:
· 25 days' holiday per year
· Company pension scheme, after a qualifying period, with the company matching employees' contributions, up to 6% of annual salary. Members of the pension scheme also receive life assurance cover, based on three times the annual salary.
· Private healthcare or Permanent Health Insurance (depending on business area and length of service)
· Employee Assistance Programme for employees, their partners and live-in dependants
· Subsidised on-site canteen
Editorial work experience
Work experience is offered to post-graduate journalism students who need to undertake it as part of their course. Should you wish to be considered for a work experience placement, please contact Marlijn Folkers. E-mail: email@example.com. It is advisable to book work experience well in advance.
Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
World news in pictures
X marks the spot: The find that could rewrite Australian history
At least 91 feared dead including 20 children as massive tornado rips through Oklahoma
- 1 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 2 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 Be more professional! GCHQ staff rapped as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange reveals messages that he says point to 'fit up'
- 5 Top A&E doctors warn: 'We cannot guarantee safe care for patients anymore'
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Quality Inspector - West Midlands - 3 Mon...
£21000 - £36000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Looking...
£120 per day: Randstad Education Luton: KS1 Teacher required to cover PPA in a...
MPS + OLA: Randstad Education London: Randstad Education are working with a Cl...