Boko Haram bomb factory discovered in Nigeria
Six suspected members of the violent Islamist sect Boko Haram have been arrested after a bomb-making factory was discovered near Abuja.
Authorities are investigating a bombing of the UN headquarters on 26 August that killed 23 people in the Nigerian capital. Last week they arrested two suspected Boko Haram members over the attack and said they suspected the plot had been led by a third member with an al-Qa'ida connection.
The six men detained yesterday – one from neighbouring Niger – were not wanted in connection with the bombing of the UN building, state security services said.
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: NQTs required now fo...