Briton held for suspected links to Somali terror group
Wednesday 28 March 2012
A British man was arrested in the Somali capital yesterday for suspected links to the Islamist rebel group al-Shabaab.
The suspect was apprehended at the Mogadishu airport before heading to Kismayu, a southern port city held by al-Shabaab, an al-Qa'ida-aligned group battling Somalia's transitional federal government and the African Union's (AU) troops.
"A British man linked to al-Shabaab is in our hands," police spokesman Abdullahi Barise said. "He is under investigation."
Paddy Ankunda, a spokesman for the AU's force Amisom, said the suspect had been arrested by an Amisom intelligence official before being handed over to Somali police. Mr Ankunda identified the suspect as Cleve Everton Dennis and said he had previously travelled to Ethiopia in 2010.
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Life on Earth may have developed below rather than above ground, reveal scientists
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£55000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Java De...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (Web Developer, MyS...
£55000 - £75000 per annum + 28 Days Holiday: Harrington Starr: Flex Developer ...
£50000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Core Ja...