Charity chief quits over diamond trial
Friday 20 August 2010
Jeremy Ratcliffe, a trustee of a charity linked to Nelson Mandela, will leave the organisation after being caught up in a scandal involving a supermodel, a warlord and blood diamonds.
The Nelson Mandela Children's Fund announced that Mr Ratcliffe, its former chief executive, was stepping down from the charity's board after he acknowledged that he secretly possessed alleged blood diamonds for more than a decade.
His possession of the diamonds came to light this month when the supermodel Naomi Campbell testified that she gave them to Ractliffe in 1997.
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This leading supplier of compliance software a...
£24000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Associate System Engineer r...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An Executive Assistant is required to join a l...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...