Ebola claims 14th victim in Uganda
Tuesday 31 July 2012
President Yoweri Museveni yesterday urged Ugandans to avoid physical contact, after an outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus claimed its 14th victim. People should avoid shaking hands, kissing or having sex to prevent the disease from spreading, the President said.
The latest death from the highly infectious disease was the first in the capital, Kampala, since the start of the outbreak in remote western Uganda three weeks ago.
Six patients with suspected Ebola have been admitted to hospital in Kibaale district, the worst affected area, in recent days, a health official said. If the cases are confirmed, it will bring the number of Ugandans infected to 26, in addition to the 14 deaths.
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£30000 - £40000 per annum + BENS: Progressive Recruitment: Drupal Developer A ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + bens: Progressive Recruitment: C# WEB DEVELOPER Le...
£240 - £260 per day: Progressive Recruitment: WPF Developer (C#, VB.Net) North...
£85 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: KS2 teacher needed to do PPA ...