Egypt: Shark attacks on Red Sea tourists
Friday 03 December 2010
Two sharks suspected of mauling four tourists at a Red Sea resort have been caught, the Egyptian Environment Ministry has said.
Sharks attacked tourists on Tuesday and Wednesday near Sharm el-Sheikh, a top vacation and diving destination, maiming three Russians and a Ukrainian tourist. The Russian embassy said an elderly woman lost a hand in one attack, and another woman lost a leg.
The ministry said it caught a 7ft shark weighing 330lb and a second that was 8ft long, weighing 550lb, near the resort.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
The ten coldest places on Earth
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Krokodil in Mexico? Teenager hospitalised after 'injecting drug into her genitals'
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
£34999 - £44001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top 10 Accounta...
£60000 - £80000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Product Specia...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£23500 per annum: Harrington Starr: Graduate Software Support Analyst (Compute...