Ex-lead detective in Oscar Pistorius murder trial quits police force after own attempted murder revelation
'Personal' reasons cited for Hilton Botha's retirement from SAPS
The former lead detective in the investigation into the alleged murder of Oscar Pistorius's girlfriend by the Paralympic star has quit the South African Police Service.
Hilton Botha gave his notice with immediate effect yesterday, according to Brigadier Neville Malila.
"The reasons given are between himself and the organisation. It is a personal decision ultimately," Brigadier Malila said.
Botha was removed from the case against the double-amputee after it emerged that he was facing his own attempted murder charges in a case that alleges that he fired on a vehicle in an attempt to stop it, putting seven lives in danger.
Botha faced criticism that he had made several procedural errors in his role as the lead investigator after Pistorius shot and killed girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on 14 February.
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...